Submission guidelines on redmine.ryxeo.com¶
Projects may have their own policy. Please, refer ot the wiki of the project you're contributing too.
- Submission guidelines on redmine.ryxeo.com
Submissions should be written in english.
Submitting a Bug¶
Before submitting a bug report here, please make sure:
- you did the pre-requisited tests
- you're addressing the bug report to the good project
- the bug is not already submitted (check the bug list and the FAQ to see if it has not already been reported)
When filling a bug report, please give the following information with the description of your problem:
- the way you've installed the software (eg. package, git)
- your software version (eg. v1.0)
The simplest way to get information about versions is usually to run:
$ name_of_the_software --version
Please DON'T fill in the "Assigned to" field and keep the status as "New", let the developers deal with it.
Submitting a Security Vulnerability¶
If you think that you've found a security vulnerability, please report it by sending an email to: devteam(at)redmine.org.
Submitting a Feature Request¶
Before submitting a feature request here, please make sure:
- fill the subject as a sum up of your description
- fill the description as detailed as you can, don't hesitate to describe precisely how this feature should behave, try to add what benefits you're excepting from it
- please DON'T fill the target version field: let the developers decide when integrate
- please DON'T assign the feature request to anybody, let the developers deal with it
Submitting a Wiki improvement¶
When you edit a wiki page to improve its content, make sure that you fill the comment field with a descriptive summary of the changes you've made to the page. This way we'll be better able to "monitor" and "maintain" the quality of the actual wiki content.
Submitting a Patch¶
- Changes should be submitted to the mailing list as a Git inlined patch series. If it's related to an issue, add this information to the mail series.
- You should mention the branch/revision your patch is based on
- Sign your patch (licence agreement) if it's intended to be merged by the maintainer